garlic cheese grits, baked beans with brown sugar and bacon, homemade slaw, hushpuppies and pickled green tomatoes. since the oil is hot: fried okra, fried zuccini fries cut shoestring(our favorite), fried yellow squash chips along with a cold side like slaw or potato salad.
What do you serve with fried fish fillets?
What to Serve with Fried Fish
- French Fries.
- Mashed Peas.
- Tartare Sauce.
- Salt and Vinegar Chips.
- Roasted Cauliflower.
- Mashed Potatoes.
- Lemon Roast Potatoes.
4 янв. 2021 г.
What is a good side dish for fish?
5 Best Side Dishes to Serve with Fish
- Grilled or Steamed Vegetables. Flakier fish like fluke, tilapia and flounder cook best on the grill or in the oven when they are wrapped in foil. …
- Potatoes. Potatoes always make a great side dish no matter how you prepare them—roasted, fried, or mashed. …
- Pasta. …
- Salad. …
What do you eat with breaded fish?
Serve battered or breaded fish with…
- Something Fried. french fries/chips. onion rings. haystack onions. corn fritters. fried pickles. …
- Something Starchy. boiled new potatoes. mashed potatoes & carrots. potato wedges. couscous. baked sweet potato. …
- Something with Veggies. mushy peas. grilled vegetables. corn on the cob. creamed corn.
20 апр. 2018 г.
What should I bring to a fish fry?
Fish Fry Side Dishes
- Hush puppies.
- French fries.
- Macaroni and cheese.
- Pineapple Coleslaw.
- Tarter sauce, hot sauce, cocktail sauces, catsup and malt vinegar.
- Fresh rolls or cornbread.
- Southern beverages (lemonade, sweet or iced tea, etc)
How do you make fish taste better?
Add to List
- Clam juice: It adds substance to quick fish stews.
- Dry vermouth: Use it instead of dry white wine in sauces for fish; it keeps much longer.
- Lemons: Bright, acidic lemon zest and juice pair well with fish.
- Mayonnaise: Use it in creamy glazes.
- Good-quality olives: Chop them to make a stuffing or topping.
What do you eat with crab legs?
Side Dishes for Crab Legs Dinner
- Roasted Asparagus.
- Brussels Sprouts.
- Rosemary Roasted Fingerling Potatoes.
- Risotto Cakes.
- Sweet Potato Fritters.
- Cheesy Quinoa & Broccoli Patties.
- Crispy Smashed Roasted Potatoes.
- Crudité Platter.
8 февр. 2016 г.
How long should you fry fish?
Fry the fish, two or three pieces at a time, in the hot oil until the coating is golden and fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning once. This takes about 3 or 4 minutes per batch.
What kind of dessert goes with fried fish?
End on a sweet note: Serve up a classic Southern dessert like Coconut Southern Comfort Cake, Peach Cobbler, or Buttermilk-Lemon Chess Pie.
Which fish is good for fish fry?
Haddock is the fish that most chefs prefer for fish and chips. The texture isn’t as flaky or tender as cod but the meat has more flavor. Haddock has a slight sweetness that pairs well with the buttery flavor of the batter. It tastes delicious dunked in a curry sauce.