Pair them with a leafy green salad, a piping hot bowl of soup, or your favorite protein! While steak and potatoes are the norm, they’re versatile enough to compliment your favorite chicken, fish, or pork dish as well. If you’re vegetarian, let extra veggies and some melty cheese in on the fun!
What should I serve with potatoes?
Potatoes go well with: Bacon, onions, cream, milk, eggs, garlic, curry powder, bay leaf, beef, butter, cauliflower, cheese, chicken, eggs, leeks, mayonnaise, mushrooms, mustard, oil, parsley, parsnips, pepper, rosemary, salt, sour cream, thyme, and cheese.
What goes with potatoes for dinner?
The Best Sides for Potato
- Eggplant. Saffron Aioli. NY Strip.
- Calabaza Pumpkin. Buffalo Wings. Charred Cauliflower.
- Grilled Cheese. Milk-Braised Pork. Hot Dogs.
- Scotch Eggs. Egg and Romesco. Leeks and Eggs.
24 февр. 2015 г.
What pairs well with twice baked potatoes?
Baked potatoes are a traditional accompaniment to a big, juicy steak, but pair them with chicken, meatloaf, and pork as well. A green salad with creamy dressing completes the meal. Avoid serving baked potatoes with other starchy dishes, such as rice or pasta.
What side dishes go with a baked potato bar?
Decide on Toppings
Editor’s Tip: Our favorite toppers include roasted red peppers, blanched broccoli, diced, onions, diced ham, shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, fresh herbs, crumbled crispy bacon, sliced hot peppers, sliced olives, roasted chopped asparagus, and crushed tortilla chips.
What can I eat mashed potatoes with?
25 Heavenly Ways To Eat Mashed Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Kale and Boursin Cheese. …
- Cheddar & Cholula Mashed Potatoes. …
- Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes. …
- Rustic Mashed Potatoes with Thyme. …
- Carrot Goat Cheese Mash Shepherd’s Pie. …
- Vegetarian Meatloaf + Garlic Mashed Potatoes. …
- Loaded Mashed Potato Spider Web Casserole.
8 окт. 2014 г.
Are potatoes good for dinner?
You already know it as a go-to side dish, but with a little help from some pantry staples it can be the star of a delicious and comforting, wallet-friendly meal. From fully loaded baked potatoes to soups, chowders, casseroles, and more, here are 15 fun ways to turn potatoes into dinner.
What main dish goes with mac and cheese?
- BBQ Ribs. To me, the entrée that pairs most beautifully with mac and cheese is some fall-off-the-bone barbecue ribs. …
- Meatloaf. Transform your mac and cheese into a full meal with sweet and savory meatloaf. …
- Sloppy Joes. …
- Meatballs. …
- Coleslaw. …
- Roasted Broccoli. …
- Salad. …
- Pigs in a Blanket.
What proteins go with potatoes?
Try Healthy Creamer Potato and Lentil Shepherd’s Pie with green pulses for a tasty and nutritient-rich all-in-one meal. Or whip up a lentil burger and serve with oven Creamer fries.
Are potatoes good for you?
Potatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which make them very healthy. Studies have linked potatoes and their nutrients to a variety of impressive health benefits, including improved blood sugar control, reduced heart disease risk and higher immunity.
Do you eat the skin of a baked potato?
Yes. Eat the skin to capture all the natural nutrition of a russet potato. The potato skin has more nutrients than the interior of the potato. It has lots of fiber, about half of a medium potato’s fiber is from the skin.
How do you eat a baked potato?
eating etiquette (how to eat…)
The most common is to slit the top lengthwise with a knife, push on each end of the potato to open it wide, and mash some of the flesh with a fork. An alternative is to slice the potato clean through and lay the halves skin-down side by side.
How do you eat a baked sweet potato?
Adding any of these to your sweet potato elevates it from side dish to the main dish:
- Beef, Turkey or Veggie Chili.
- Sloppy Joe meat.
- Taco seasoned beef or chicken.
- Black beans, corn, salsa, and avocado.
- Shredded chicken tossed with BBQ sauce.
5 нояб. 2018 г.
What are the best baked potato toppings?
10 Best Baked Potato Toppings to Try When You’re Tired of Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese. Ree Drummond. …
- Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato. RALPH SMITH. …
- Mushrooms. Jessica Merchant. …
- Pepperoni. RYAN DAUSCH. …
- Pumpkin. Jessica Merchant. …
- Guacamole. Ree Drummond. …
- Eggs. Jenny Park. …
- Greek Yogurt. Love & Lemons.
1 окт. 2020 г.
What can you put on baked potatoes besides butter?
Butter, sour cream and cheese are common toppings for baked potatoes, but the regular versions of these items are high in fat. Instead, opt for a low-fat or fat-free version to make your potato toppings healthier. Another option is fat-free, plain Greek yogurt, which is higher in protein than regular yogurt.
What is a fully loaded baked potato?
Unwrap potatoes and cut lengthwise slits in the top of each. Carefully scoop out flesh from center of each potato into a medium bowl, then add butter, sour cream, chives, green onion whites, half the cheddar, and half the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon filling back into each potato, mounding it on top.