A healthy snack for the children. Check.
A great addition to your breakfast smoothie. Check.
A guilt-free dessert. Check.
A grab ‘n go bite for the road. Check.
A tempting treat to add to the Christmas goodie bag. Check.
A super easy, quick and wholesome recipe that packs a punch. Check.
Fig, Date and Almond Energy Balls.
- 100 grams dried figs (1/2 cup)
- 100 grams pitted dates (1/2 cup)
- 100 grams almonds (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Trim the ends off the dried figs (You can soak them in warm water so they soften. Drain them and then add to the blender).
- Place all the ingredients in the blender Pulse it a few times to combine.
- Scrap down the sides of the blender ( to push the mixture down) with a rubber spatula or a spoon.
- Run the blender again so all the ingredients come together like a dough. Alternatively, you can blitz the almonds in a dry grinder. Chop the figs and dates (so it’s easier to blitz them) and then add the chopped figs and dates to the ground almonds.
- Take about 1 tbsp of the “dough” and roll it into balls. I got 15 of them.
Store them in an airtight container. These will stay outside the refrigerator for two weeks.
Looking for more energy balls recipes. You will find them here. There is one with the goodness of carrot and walnut, an apple and date one, and good old banana and chocolate.
Enjoy all the mixing and rolling!
Images & Disclaimer: Personal album. If you like any of the pictures on the blog and would like to use those please write to me. I put in hours of work behind each post and would love to share it with you but it would hurt me if you use those without my permission. Just ask!