- 1.5 cups atta (whole wheat flour)
- 2/3 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- ¾ cup sugar or more if you like it sweeter
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp of flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp of slivered pistachios
- Heat the ghee in a large, heavy-based pan over low heat.
- Add the whole wheat flour to the hot ghee and fry. Keep stirring continuously over low heat till the colour of the flour changes to a golden brown and you begin to get the smell of toasted whole wheat flour. Stirring the flour will ensure that you get even browning and the flour doesn’t get burnt.
- While the flour is cooking, add sugar and water to another pan and let it come to a boil. Lower the flame and let it simmer. Once the flour has turned golden brown and begins to release ghee, add the raisins.
- Bring the sugar and water syrup back to a boil and add it to the wholewheat, ghee and raisin mix. Continue to stir so that you don’t get any lumps. The whole wheat will absorb all of the sweet syrup and will become thick.
- Add flaked almonds the slivered pistachios and serve immediately.
Happy Festive Season Everyone!
Images: If you like any of the pictures on the blog and would like to use those please write to me. I put in hours of work behind each post and would love to share it with you but it would hurt me if you use those without my permission. Just ask!