Grilled cauliflower is one of my favourite ways to eat a cauliflower (umm..actually second best. The first one has to be my mum’s cauliflower pickle which I consume like a main with a namak ajwain parantha). I have never been a fan of allu gobhi ki sabzi for some reason (allu gobhi lovers please don’t judge me) but love cauliflower otherwise, whether made into a bhurji or stuffed into parantha or cooked chinese style or simply pan grilled with some olive oil and lemon.
This one-dish wonder appears on our dinner table very frequently. Charred and crispy cauliflower, tomato “sauce” that doesn’t require any extra effort or an extra pan to be made and gooey cheese on top. We love soaking up all those delicious juices and flavours and wiping the plate clean with some good crusty bread. Do try, I am sure you will devour it too!
Thrice Grilled Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1.5 cups mozzarella, grated
- 3 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of salt (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large grilling pan, combine 1 tbsp of oil with the cauliflower florets and salt and grill for about 10-15 minutes (until soft and slightly charred).
- Combine the diced tomatoes, grated garlic, dry oregano, dry basil, paprika and 1 tbsp of oil. Give it a good mix and grill for about 20 minutes till the tomatoes have released their juices and it’s all squishy and mushy.
- Combine the grated mozzarella, parmesan, and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the cauliflower-tomato mix. Grill for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Enjoy it with a green salad and some crusty bread to mop all those delicious juices!
If you are looking for more quick weekday wonders, hop right here!
Images: If you like any of the pictures on the blog and would like to use those please write to me. I put in hours of work behind each post and would love to share it with you but it would hurt me if you use those without my permission. Just ask!