Summer Holidays mean grandparents, ice creams and brownies. My little girl made these one bowl devilish chocolate brownies using dark chocolate, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. Yes, that is chocolate three times over! Feel free to add nuts of your choice or even a handful of dried fruits. These are not only luscious and rich but are really a one-pot wonder and so they are perfect for the kids to make; an afternoon of baking with grandparents! We enjoyed these rich brownies with some tangy and fresh raspberry sorbet.
Triple chocolate brownies.
Makes 20 small pieces or 16 generous ones
- Two 100 grams 70% dark chocolate bars
- 150 grams butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 grams demerara sugar
- 3 eggs
- 75 grams wholewheat flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 grams chocolate chips
Raspberry sorbet or whipped cream or some coffee ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a square 8 by 8 inches baking tin.
- Chop the chocolate. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped chocolate, butter, and vanilla extract. In short bursts in the microwave, melt the chocolate.
- Now stir the sugar into it and allow it to cool.
- Break the eggs into and whisk.
- Next sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Fold till everything is smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the brownie batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes. The top will crack a bit and center will be fudgy.
- Leave it to cool and then cut it into 20 small squares.
- Serve the warm brownies with the fresh and cold raspberry sorbet. Enjoy.
Images: If you like any of the pictures on the blog and would like to use those please write to me. I put in hours of work behind each post and would love to share it with you but it would hurt me if you use those without my permission. Just ask!