(If you are new here: I started this new series last month after seeing Sally’s post on instagram where she shared her special moments from the month gone by. Taking it one step ahead I put together the same on the blog with little notes for each picture (Read: My month in pictures : May 2015) and I am back now with my June Diary).
Row 1: left to right
- Sara learnt to understand and appreciate Ramadan.
- We discussed ten ways to raise future world class travellers and how to celebrate culture and countries through cuisines.
- We met Ishita and the Z sisters in our Kids in the Kitchen series.
- At the Young Chef Club we visited China and tried our hand at making spring rolls and dumplings.
- In other news, it is really hot here and we have been living on frozen fruit yoghurt.
Row 2: left to right
- My princess obsessed chefling enjoyed a morning with the princes and princesses at the Disney on Ice show.
- She had to obviously dress up as one too.
- She has been wanting to start a lemonade stand (Told you it has been HOT!)
- Her Aunty Karen got her these push pop kits and we finally tried our hand at it.
- I came across this adorable palette to measure spaghetti serving sizes and had to bring it home.
Row 3: left to right
- Eating fruits in a cone is what we like to do in summers.
- Icecream in cones too. So we set up an icecream bar.
- Sara had a princess playdate for her friends and made cupcakes for her friends.
- Summers mean visiting friends and family and she has been painting canvasses to gift them.
- Coming back to the princess party, we made some tiara, glass slipper and castle pizzas too.
Row 4: left to right
- Summer vacations also mean decluttering and donating.
- We have been reading this really witty, whimsical and artistic book called You are what you eat.
- Also reading this one and deciding which person would you choose to look like.
- We have been reading about dimsums, lucky oranges and oolong tea too.
- The husband and I are on a mission. Knocking off dish by dish.
Row 5: left to right
- Summers also mean quick and light meals. We have been eating Jool Oliver’s crunchy fish with greens.
- Jamie Oliver’s quick chicken kebabs with a mint and yoghurt dip.
- A couscous fish stew with a generous squeeze of lemon
- Chicken Ciabattas for I was too lazy to cook
- Egg and harissa painted aubergine pita wraps with a beetroot and carrot salad
July we can’t wait for you to begin! Summer Vacations here we come.
Want to see more of June? Let’s say hi to each other on instagram.
Images: If you like any of the pictures on the blog and would like to use those please write to me. I put in hours of work behind each post and would love to share it with you but it would hurt me if use those without my permission.Just ask!